Forest School Friday – Heigham Class 11th May 2018
Today in Forest School, Heigham Class:
- Built their own fire, cooked delicious apple and banana over it and boiled hot chocolate over it then extinguished their fire independently.
- They enjoyed making dens and “wind breaks” and drank hot chocolate under it using mallets, tarpaulin, tent pegs and imagination!
- Walked around the school field finding beautiful flowers and made bouquets.
- Found and identified many more creatures in the pond.
- Created some beautiful drawings using charcoal, clay and natural resources.
Over the past few weeks, Heigham Class have shown increasing confidence in managing their risk taking using the fire and tools. We have seen our patience and resilience grow when trying new things and our manners and team work are becoming stronger. We have looked each other, helped each other and become more aware of each other’s emotions.
Well done Heigham Class!
Next week we will be making fruit and wild herbal teas, cooking pancakes, making willow dream catchers and doing more crafts.