We had a busy start to the day and lots to do. We split into 2 groups one group went and started planting in the front gardens the other group stayed in the garden area on the field. We cleaned out the chickens, water plants and made a new compost bin. We have lots growing now so we are starting to plan where it will go. Lucas is helping us to make an Anderson shelter which has been really interesting and given us new skills to learn. We can’t wait for next week though it looks very busy already.
It was a beautiful morning and we got lots done. We planted the herbs we had harvested last year into our wild garden, we cleaned out the animals and made sure that they were warm enough. A group of us worked on making the fence around the tree circle, this taught another set of new skills. We are looking forward to next week, when the guinea pigs will come outside.
It was a glorious and sunny morning, we were excited to have some new seeds to plant and lots to do. One group went in the garden, we covered plants to protect them from frost, planted our new seeds and watered everything. Another group split into 3 and went pond dipping, cleaned out the chickens and collected sticks of the field (these will be woven into our new fence.) It was a hugely productive morning, well done year 3.
Today we split into 3 groups, this was the outside blog. In the garden we cleaned out the chickens and there run and put all the waste in the compost so we can reuse it later in the garden. At the same time we were also watering all our beds and plants inside and outside (the hose is fixed, which was exciting). We spent some time going through our seed bank to see what we could plant at this time of year. The seed packets were hard to read but we got the knack in the end. The group that are digging the beds at the front have started laying the paths between beds and are really pleased with what we have achieved so far. Looking forward to next week 🙂
We had loads to do and a beautiful day to do it in. We split into 3 groups, this meant we could have a group in the garden, a group digging out our beds out the front and a group dedicated to cleaning the animals out. We got loads done and the beds at the front are coming along nicely. The animals got cleaned out (and cuddles). The gardening group continued planting seeds, chitting potatoes and we also started to plant some seeds into our hanging baskets. It was a very productive morning and we can’t wait till next week.
It was a gloriously sunny but cold day. We reused old plastic bottles and made planters to hang up around the playground, these were filled with cosmos and basil seeds that Dorset tea donated to us. In the garden we cleaned out the chickens, and started planting broad beans out into the garden. We were very excited to see some of our seeds are beginning to sprout.
We had lots of jobs to do today, some of us cleaned out the chickens and cleared out the coop, other people filled the keyhole garden and shaped it. Deb was in the poly tunnel planting seeds with various children throughout thee morning. We had a great time and got loads done.
It was a clear but cold day, so we started out early. We split into 2 groups, 1 group dug the beds at the front where we are making amazing progress. Then group 2 got to work cleaning out animals and starting to plant seedlings. It really felt that we were finally starting our gardening journey.
Today we started to plant seedlings into pots and trays we will keep them warm and undercover in the poly-tunnel. We found lots that could be planted, and found out that reading information packets is a skill on its own, we planted a huge range of flower, vegetable and herb seeds. Luckily we got to use the compost we had been donated. It was fun and we loved getting our hands dirty. We also had a group outside cleaning the chickens out and cleaning the pen. It was a hugely positive start to our garden plans.
We were lucky, it was a cold but glorious morning. Today we started to look at what we could plant, we took it in turns to seed the trays and put them ready in the poly-tunnel. While we did that some of us helped to re-bark and another group cleaned out the rabbits. It was fun and we are looking forward to next week.