Ensuring we all remain happy, healthy and safe
We are very much open for business while committed to reducing the spread of coronavirus in our school to ensure that Wensum remains a place for learning and laughter.
What we will do:
- School is split into year group pods (bubbles)
- Pods are not contaminated, they learn, eat and play in their own designated areas.
- Staff outside of the pod wear PPE if they need to enter (eg, school caretaker or headteacher.)
- Children and staff are regularly washing their hands with hot water and soap for at least 20 seconds
- Cleaning team are cleaning toilets, touchpoints and shared areas hourly all day.
- Used tissues are put in lidded bins which are changed hourly
- Only staff who we feel are absolutely essential (for example social workers and police) are allowed into the building.
- Visitors to the school are asked to use hand sanitiser on arrival to the building and wear PPE.
- CEV staff are working from home.
- CEV children are working at home.
- Any CEV parents are invited to speak with us about arrangements if they are concerned.
- Volunteers over the age of 60 recommended to stay away.
- If a child needs to isolate at home, we provide their learning via SeeSaw.
- If a child needs to isolate at home and is entitled to free school meals, we will provide a weekly food hamper.
- If we have a confirmed positive case of Coronavirus, we will close the pod immediately and deep clean. All pod members will be asked to isolate for 14 days in line with government guidance.
What you can do to help us:
- Follow current government guidance regarding social distancing and socialising outside of school.
- Do not allow your child to bring in anything unnecessary from home (eg: toys)
- If your child develops symptoms, follow our flow chart advice (opposite) and contact 111 if necessary.
- Please could one parent only drop off /collect.
- Please arrive at your allocated time – do not arrive early as this congests each of the gates.
- Please line up sensitively, tucked into the inside of the pavement so pedestrians can also use the pavement without having to use the road.
- Please do not stand around for a chat at the gate! We need to keep our gates as clear as possible.
- Please DO NOT park anywhere near the entry and exit points of the school.
- If your child scoots or cycles, please walk on the pavements near school (we have already had a couple of near misses!) Helmets are required for all children cycling.
Thank you for your co operation.
Links, letters and further reading
(See also, our Letters Home Page)
This is a really good source of information if you need Covid Information in languages other than English: