Welcome to our SMSC portfolio. SMSC stands for Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural and for us it’s not a lesson; it’s a way of being. At Wensum we pride ourselves on providing a rich, inclusive, outward looking and genuinely values-based education for all our children. Click on the links below to see the life in a day at Wensum Junior School.
Foyer Presentations September 2017 – July 2018
The aim of the foyer presentations is simple: to capture the life in a day at Wensum Junior School. The presentations run for half a term and are shown on the screen in the foyer area. At the end of each half term they are made available on the website (see links above) and a hard copy is printed and kept in the foyer for visitors to see what we were up to during the previous half term. The presentations include:
- the weekly assemblies which celebrate world festivals, international days of observance and our core values
- photographs of trips, visits, workshops or other experiences run to support our REAL projects
- Our SMSC work
- reflections on learning and life at Wensum Junior School by children, staff and parents
- updates on democracy at WJS with reports from the school and Eco councils
- celebrations of children’s and staff achievements
The SMSC tracker is updated each term and maps coverage of our work against an ambitious SMSC programme. This is an ongoing project so will fill up as the year progresses.