Year Three have been busy producing tasty shortbread for the school Christmas Fair on Friday.
Also, we incorporated lots of maths into our time in the kitchen. Check out the arrays we made!
Easy Shortbread Biscuits
You will need:
Tied back hair
- 180g Plain Flour
- 125g Butter
- 55g Sugar (plus extra to finish)
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently press/roll out until the paste is 1cm thick.
- Cut out carefully with a cutter and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and set aside to cool on a wire rack.