Monday 23rd November 2020
What do we know now?
This afternoon, we have been looking at our books to find out all the different things we have been learning this term so far. Throughout, we have been asking questions, investigating, researching and analysing our findings. Today, we have worked in groups to create mind maps and word banks. We couldn’t believe all the information we have learnt already!!
- Biomes: polar, aquatic, savannah, desert, terrestrial, rainforest, tundra, taiga, deciduous, grassland.
- Ecosystem services: pollution control, soil formation, pest control, water cycle, pollination, oxygen production, flood control.
- Greta Thunberg
- Climate change
- Air, water, plastic and noise pollution
- Biodiversity: Lots of different living things, animals, fungi, algae, plants
- Habitats, the homes of animals
- Different classes and species of animals
- Air quality
- Flower dissection and labelling
- Layers of earth: crust – which is where we live and the biosphere is, mantle, core, outer core
- Reuse, reduce, recycle
- Upcycled in homesteading
- We have met experts, Isabelle and Nick
- We learnt about the broads
- Our wants, needs and the impacts these have
- Seasons: spring, summer, autumn, winter
- Animal Maslow