Today was outdoor learning day! Year 5 experimented with metaphors using the story “Not-A-Stick” as inspiration. Here are some examples:
- The stick was a stylish, beautiful mustache.
- The leaf was a messy, old, crumpled bed cover.
- The amazing stick was a unicorn horn which was peeling away.
- The stick was a mighty amazing sword that fought monsters.
- The stick was a humongous living anaconda that slithered around the jungle.
- It’s not a stick, It’s an ancient, mysterious fishing rod that once caught the largest fish in the world and hadn’t been found for a 1000 years until now!
- It’s not a lifeless, boring stick, it’s a wand from the year 3015, colourful and futuristic. It was also used by Harry Potter who was cloned!
- It’s not a stick, it is a dreadful, ancient broomstick which was used by a fat, ugly witch.
- It’s not a twig, it’s a golden, silvery ancient gun.