Covid-19 update: We continue to run a Breakfast Club provision for those children who are attending school (children of critical workers / vulnerable children). It runs from 8am daily and is free. If you require a place then please speak to the school office.
It is often said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we agree. Rise and Shine is new from September 2016 and is a chance for your children to have a free breakfast and engage in exciting, new activities at Wensum Junior School. Arts and crafts activities, singing and story telling will all be part of the school routine from 8am – 8:30am if your child wishes to take part.
At 8:30am, all children have the optional opportunity to join in “Wake up and shake up!” – fun, physical activities that members of staff will run until school officially starts at 8:45am.
If your child wishes to take part for any day of the week, you have to register so our staff know how many children will arrive each morning. We look forward to seeing you there!
- To provide the highest possible standard of care in a secure, caring and supportive environment, where all children feel comfortable and happy before starting the school day.
- A calm and purposeful start to the day.
- Improve attendance and performance throughout the day.
- Help children to be alert and ready to learn.
- Children will be provided with a healthy range of food, including cereals, toast, fruit, fruit juice, milk and a hot drink.
- Breakfast will be a calm, social time with the children eating together at a table.
- After breakfast children are free to choose from a range of supervised activities including board games, quiet reading and support with completing their homework.